20 Minute Lemon Broccoli Pasta Skillet
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 and ½ to 2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 3-4 cups spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan, plus more to garnish
- olive oil, to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lemon wedges, to garnish
- In a large skillet or pot, bring the salt and water to a boil.
- While you wait, prep your broccoli by trimming the stems and cutting the florets into similar sized pieces (I like mine bite-size.)
- Add the rotini and boil on high for 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, cover, and boil for 3 minutes. Drain the pasta using a lid or colander. Return to the pan and stir in the spinach.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest. Let it sit for a few minutes so the spinach wilts.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet melt the 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and add 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Add the lemon butter to the pasta and stir.
- Stir in 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese. Add a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with more cheese, fresh lemon wedges, and eat hot!