Black Bean Burgers
- 3 cups cooked black beans (or two cans, drained can and rinsed)
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ½ cup sauce
- Salt, pepper, and other spices (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mash with a fork until a chunky dough forms. You want to leave some whole beans, but you want the dough to be mashed enough that it sticks together well. Taste and add salt / pepper / seasonings to your link.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Divide and shape dough into 8 patties. Arrange on parchment paper-lined backing sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip, and bake for another 5 - 6 minutes until golden brown crust forms.