- 3 ½ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Strawberries, cut in halves
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 ½ cups water and ¼ teaspoon salt to boiling.
- Stir in 2 cups quick-cooking oats. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat. If desired, cover and let stand about 30 seconds before serving. This allows the oats to absorb any remaining liquid. For creamier oatmeal, add the oats to the pan along with the water and salt.
- Add brown sugar, washed strawberries and blueberries.