Parmesan Chicken Tenders with Marinara Dipping Sauce
Pregnant women need at least 60 g of protein each day, which shouldn't be a problem since this parmesan chicken is packed with it - more than 50 g!
- 5 ounces chicken tenders
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- ⅓ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Alexia sweet potato fries
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Prepare an egg wash made with 2 egg whites lightly beaten with a fork.
- Bread chicken in 2 tbsp bread crumbs mixed with 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, using egg wash.
- Bake chicken tenders on a wire rack or baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees internally.
- Serve with 4.5 ounces baked Alexia sweet potato fries (about 18 fries) and 1 cup steamed broccoli drizzled with 1 teaspoon olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.