Stuffed Acorn Squash with White Beans, Mushrooms & Wild Rice
- 1 medium acorn squash
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- ⅓ cup white beans
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked wild or brown rice
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Cut 1 medium acorn squash in half horizontally; remove seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, cut side down. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- While squash is cooking, sauté 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped mushroom, 1/3 cup white beans and 1 clove chopped garlic in 2 teaspoons olive oil until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cooked wild or brown rice and 1 Tbsp chopped pistachios to mixture and continue to stir until heated through, about 1 minute more. Set aside.
- Remove squash from the oven, stuff each half with the rice and bean mixture, then top each half with 2 tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven again and cook an additional 10 minutes.