Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal+3 tablespoons water (or 1 egg)
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato (from 1 large or 2 smaller sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Olive Oil
- Mix together your flaxseed meal and water and set it aside until it gels.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Use a large spoon to mash the beans, leaving a few intact for texture.
- In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium high heat.
- Form the sweet potato mixture into 6 patties.
- When the skillet is hot enough to sizzle, add the patties, in batches if necessary. Cook on one side until a crispy exterior is formed, about 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully flip each patty and cook an additional 5 minutes on the second side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like avocado. Enjoy!